Since 2003, Goosehead has been disrupting the insurance industry by providing Smarter Insurance, By Design. Our Digital Agent platform allows clients to enter as little as three data points and be provided with home, auto, flood, and life insurance quotes in under two minutes from over 150 insurance companies across all 50 states. We are quickly becoming the largest distributor of personal lines insurance in the United States.
Goosehead was founded on the premise that the client should be at the center of our universe, and we believe that building for the best client experience imaginable will lead to sustained growth. We supplement the Digital Agent platform with a network of over 2,000 agents across 12 corporate sales offices and franchise locations.
As a growing company, Goosehead is constantly setting new records and then breaking them, so we are counting on great leaders we hire today to continue to disrupt the industry and revel in the thrill of victory (while having a lot of fun). We are looking for entrepreneurial candidates that have high personal/professional standards and enjoy collaborating with hard-working, ambitious, honest, smart, humble teams who want to build a great company.
We are looking for a User Experience Designer who has a proven track record designing world class digital product experiences. As a UX Designer with Goosehead, you will collaborate with marketing, product, and development teams to design and support the delivery of digital products/experiences for our clients and agents. You will design, update, and optimize digital product experiences for all online and mobile initiatives. You are a strong problem solver who will play a critical role in transforming the digital product experiences. You are adept at identifying client and agent challenges via design research techniques and count on data and site analytics to inform your design decisions. You are a human-centric, strategic thinker who is known for being detail-oriented, naturally curious, and well-versed in desktop and mobile customer-facing experiences.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Represent and champion the client and agent perspective in the design, creation, and delivery of desktop and mobile digital product initiatives
- Develop wireframes/prototypes and optimize flows for consumer and agent-centric experiences, driving engagement and lead generation
- Leverage analytics and conduct user research to identify pain points, inefficiencies, traffic loss, and other enhancement opportunities as you design future state digital product experiences
- Help prevent erosion of the digital product experience through regular design quality reviews
- Contribute to, enhance, and maintain UI component libraries for digital products
- Work with UI designers to implement industry leading designs
- Collaborate and maintain effective working relationships with Marketing, Product, Operations, Sales, IT and Development teams to create, build, and optimize client and agent experiences with our digital products
- Keep up to date on competitor products and industry trends
- Bachelor’s Degree in User Experience, Experience, Digital Design, or related field
- At least 3 years of relevant experience - preferably for an insurance, financial services firm, or an internet/e-commerce property (startup environments is a plus)
Required Skills, Abilities, Soft Skill Factors
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, XD, Figma and Microsoft Office and/or similar tools and other industry standard applications
- Experienced and comfortable with agile methodology
- Consumer-first and insights-driven strategic thinking
- Examples or portfolio of driving improvements and optimization of UX, across consumer experiences online & mobile platforms
- Ability to create working UI prototypes using Figma, Adobe XD, Zeplin, UXPin, or similar applications
- Expert in effective user experiences. Understands the art and science of user and consumer experience
- Demonstrated experience planning & facilitating moderated and unmoderated usability testing
- The ability to deeply understand business processes and offer tangible design solutions
- Passionate customer advocate
- Hands on, self-starter mindset that can do the work
- Skilled driving multiple workstreams and prioritizing efforts to achieve objectives with minimal direction.
- Very results and continuous improvement driven
- Expert communication and diplomacy skills necessary to guide, influence and convince cross-functional partners across the organization
- High integrity and honest communication
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate across the organization, serving as a resource to others, inclusive and respectful of others’ expertise and perspectives.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills including ability to present, simplify complex topics for senior management
- Strong attention to detail and organization Entrepreneurial spirit but knows how to share success with team and partners
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
Frequent keyboarding required, using hands to finger, handle, or feel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. May spend up to 8 hours per day sitting and may have occasional movement throughout the facility. Regular use of the communicating via Microsoft Teams, email, and phone.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Goosehead is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, guidelines, and regulations. Goosehead strictly prohibits and does not tolerate unlawful discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered person because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, uniformed service, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All applicants for employment and all Goosehead employees are given equal consideration based solely on job-related factors, such as qualifications, experience, performance, and availability.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise; employment in this job is an “at will” employment relationship.