Explore Our Roles
Quality Assurance Engineer
Working at Goosehead
Since 2003, Goosehead Insurance has been disrupting the insurance industry by giving clients the power of choice, utilizing a smarter marketing approach, and delivering world class service. This is all powered by our focus on hiring and retaining extraordinary people. Our clients trust us with their most valuable possessions so, we’re more than just a bit selective when it comes to hiring new team members.
About the Job
The Quality Assurance Engineer will be responsible for design and execution of complete system testing. You will create test plans and procedures, perform manual testing of our web applications, and write and execute automation test scripts.
- Interact with development team and project stakeholders to develop a strong understanding of the project and testing objectives
- Create comprehensive manual and automated test plans and test cases
- Conduct cross-browser testing to check the compatibility of applications across various browsers
- Perform manual and automated test execution to ensure applications meet business requirements
- Follow defined quality assurance processes to ensure all projects meet testing standards
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or above in computer science
- 2+ years of experience with full stack testing of Mobile and Web applications
- Extensive experience testing applications built with NodeJS and React.js
- Expertise in any of the latest testing tools such as Selenium
- Experience performing manual testing using tools like Jest, Enzyme, Mocha, Chai, etc.
- Previously improved developer efficiency through automating critical pieces of the product
You’re no stranger to hard work. Goosehead Insurance is one of the largest and fastest growing independent insurance agencies in the United States. With our goal to become the largest personal lines insurance agency in the nation, we need the best and the brightest professionals who are ready to bring the energy, passion, and grit it will take to accomplish these goals. Our ideal candidate has a college degree and, at minimum, a 3.0 GPA.
You believe iron sharpens iron and want to be surrounded by the best. Only about 1% of Goosehead candidates are offered employment because we’re interested in A-players only. You have a passion for being part of a team that delivers exceptional client experiences that drive our company to industry leadership.
You have high personal and professional standards. As a growing company, we’re counting on candidates we hire today to become future leaders as we continue to disrupt the industry. We want to work with self-starters who enjoy a challenge and have demonstrated strong evidence of leadership, sales capabilities, and sound judgment.
You want to win. Goosehead is constantly setting new records and then breaking them, so those that work here love to revel in the thrill of victory. We are looking for hard-working, fun, ambitious, honest, smart, team-oriented, humble people who want to build a great company. Though we work hard, we also celebrate big through company events, and for top performers, an all-expense paid vacation each year to destinations like Cabo San Lucas, Puerto Rico, and Whistler, Canada.