Since 2003, Goosehead Insurance has been disrupting the insurance industry by giving clients the power of choice, utilizing a smarter marketing approach, and delivering world class service. This is all powered by our focus on hiring and retaining extraordinary people. Our clients trust us with their most valuable possessions so, we’re more than just a bit selective when it comes to hiring new team members.
About the Job
As a Paralegal at Goosehead, you will play an integral role in the company’s legal department by analyzing and preventing risk, protecting the company from liability, and helping secure the company’s intellectual capital. You will be responsible for supporting the office of the General Counsel and must be able to solve complex problems and work efficiently. Time management and attention to detail are of critical importance.
Your Responsibilities include:
- Providing legal support in all aspects of the company’s franchise operations from preparing and reviewing all franchise-related contracts, including new franchise contracts, contract amendments, and transfer agreements
- General review, management and analysis of contracts with underwriters and other third parties and independently facilitate the closing and implementation of the same
- Responding to regulatory notices and complaints
- Conducting legal research on laws, regulations, and other issues related to the company’s operations
- Providing litigation and administrative investigation support
- Communicating effectively with outside counsel, franchise owners, employees, and vendors
Skills required for the position:
- Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail
- Work well under pressure
- Proficiency in technology
- Proficiency in legal and/or business writing
- Strong intellectual ability and sound, independent judgment
- Strong time management and multitasking abilities
- Effective interpersonal communication and collaboration with all departments
- Work well in a team environment to promote innovation and positive morale
This role is primarily in-office with some earned flexibility based on performance and tenure. Compensation is competitive including a base salary and bonus. Current benefits include: Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401(k) plan, disability, life, medical, dental and vision insurance, and two weeks paid vacation.
You’re no stranger to hard work. Goosehead Insurance is one of the largest and fastest growing independent insurance agencies in the United States. With our goal to become the largest personal lines insurance agency in the nation, we need the best and the brightest young professionals interested in growing their career with an innovative industry partner.
You believe iron sharpens iron and want to be surrounded by the best. Only the top 1% of Goosehead candidates are offered employment because we’re interested in A-players only. You must be passionate about being a part of a team and believe in servant leadership. Our ideal candidate also has B2B sales or recruitment experience, is proficient at MS Office and navigating the internet.
You have high personal and professional standards. Goosehead compensation is uncapped because we deeply believe in paying employees based on performance, not tenure or experience. Our meritocracy means your career trajectory is in your hands!
You want to win. We are looking for hard-working, fun, ambitious, honest, smart, team-oriented, humble people who want to build a great company. Compensation is competitive including a base salary, monthly commissions and annual bonus. Current benefits include: 401(k) plan, medical, dental, vision and disability insurance, and two weeks paid vacation.