Since 2003, Goosehead Insurance has been disrupting the insurance industry by giving clients the power of choice, utilizing a smarter marketing approach, and delivering world class service. This is all powered by our focus on hiring and retaining extraordinary people. Our company was voted the #1 Insurance Franchise in the US by Entrepreneur Magazine for two years running.
About the Job
Our Franchise Development team takes pride in helping small business owners build successful agencies and achieve their professional and financial goals. We are seeking a highly collaborative, strategic, and self-motivated, Business Development Representative to join our team. Ideal candidates for this role are confident, ambitious self-starters seeking to showcase their potential and who want to add value to the company. As a Business Development Representative, you will work closely with ideal franchise owner prospects to grow relationships, be a key player in growing our franchise channel, and will help generate quality leads for the Territory Manager.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of a Business Development Representative are:
- Identifying candidates through cold calls, email, and talent acquisition platforms such as ZoomInfo, and LinkedIn.
- Qualifying prospects once engaged via the means above.
- Consult and advise on financial requirements for franchise approval.
- Assisting your Territory Manager with the candidate evaluation process.
- Potential travel to territory.
The team is responsible for new monthly franchise signings and launches, working to achieve these on an individual and team level. Business Development Representatives are equipped with extensive training in Salesforce.com, sales process management, competitive knowledge, business development and more. Professional development opportunities from the Business Development Representative role include, but are not limited to, corporate leadership, flexibility with a proven track record, and an apprenticeship program leading to becoming a Territory Manager.
The first-year earnings potential ranges from $55,000 - $74,200, varying based on performance. Our compensation package consists of a base salary and monthly commission contingent on meetings held.
- High quality voluntary health, vision, disability, life, and dental insurance programs
- 401K Matching Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave
- Corporate sponsored programs to enhance employee physical, financial, mental and emotional wellness
- Financial Solution Program
- Flexible work schedules with a proven track record
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree, 3.0 GPA preferred.
- Legally authorized to work the United States
Preferred Skills, Abilities, Soft Skill Factors
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment
- B2B or B2C sales experience or related college major
- Competitive attitude
- Networking abilities
- Problem-solving mentality
- Self-motivated, hands on, self-starter mindset that can do the work
- Strong time management
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Very results and continuous improvement driven
- High integrity and honest communication
Equal Employment Opportunity
Goosehead is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, guidelines, and regulations. Goosehead strictly prohibits and does not tolerate unlawful discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered person because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, uniformed service, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All applicants for employment and all Goosehead employees are given equal consideration based solely on job-related factors, such as qualifications, experience, performance, and availability.