Head of User Experience
Since 2003, Goosehead has been disrupting the insurance industry by providing Smarter Insurance, By Design. Our Digital Agent platform allows clients to enter as little as three data points and be provided with home, auto, flood, and life insurance quotes in under two minutes from over 150 insurance companies across all 50 states. We are quickly becoming the largest distributor of personal lines insurance in the United States.
Goosehead was founded on the premise that the client should be at the center of our universe, and we believe that building for the best client experience imaginable will lead to sustained growth. We supplement the Digital Agent platform with a network of over 2,000 agents across 12 corporate sales offices and franchise locations.
As a growing company, Goosehead is constantly setting new records and then breaking them, so we are counting on great leaders we hire today to continue to disrupt the industry and revel in the thrill of victory (while having a lot of fun). We are looking for entrepreneurial candidates that have high personal/professional standards and enjoy collaborating with hard-working, ambitious, honest, smart, humble teams who want to build a great company.
We are looking for a Head of User Experience who has a proven track record of leading and creating world-class user experiences. This opportunity is for a very visible, high impact position that requires significant responsibility, strategic, business sense and accountabilities. You will be responsible for building and leading a UX team that focuses on developing, creating, executing, and driving industry leading user experiences. You will play a critical role in identifying, and optimizing digital products that engage, improve, and transform the customer experience.
You’ll lead the UX discipline to support client, agent experiences and company growth. You’ll grow and oversee a small team of UX professionals that will collaborate daily with marketing, consumer insights, product and development teams working together on digital experience, client, and agent experience initiatives.
With your team, you will develop end-to-end experiences, enhancements, and optimizations across mobile and web touch points. You are adept at identifying consumer and agent challenges via data and site analysis. The successful candidate will be an effective team builder, consumer first, strategic thinker, detail-oriented, naturally curious with expertise in online and mobile consumer experiences. You will play a critical role in identifying and designing new digital products that engage and transform the consumer and agent experience.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Build, guide, grow and mentor an engaged, high performing team of UX professionals.
- Develop and optimize consumer, agent-centric experiences, driving engagement and lead generation.
- Lead and collaborate with Product and Development teams to create, build, and optimize online and mobile consumer and agent experiences.
- Coordinate and collaborate with partners across the organization including product, marketing, sales, operations, franchise leaders, executives, PR, and IR
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in User Experience, Experience, Digital Design, or related field required.
- 10+ years of relevant experience managing UX teams - preferably for an insurance or financial services firm or an internet/e-commerce property (startup environments is a plus)
- Proven track record of building and leading effective teams and driving better experience outcomes for consumers and agents.
Required Skills, Abilities, Soft Skill Factors
- Effective team building, mentoring and management experience of both internal employees and external partners.
- Consumer-first and insights-driven strategic thinking
- UX leadership and stewardship
- Overseeing driving improvements and optimization of UX, across consumer experiences online & mobile platforms
- Sets strategy with cross-functional and agency partners to drive digital transformation
- Adept at syncing digital marketing channels into customer first experiences
- Expert in effective user experiences. Understands the art and science of user and consumer experience
- Hands on, self-starter mindset that can do the work and manage a team
- Skilled driving multiple workstreams and prioritizing efforts to achieve objectives with minimal direction.
- Very results and continuous improvement driven
- Knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network
- Expert communication and diplomacy skills necessary to guide, influence and convince cross-functional partners across the organization
- High integrity and honest communication
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate across the organization, serving as a resource to others, inclusive and respectful of others’ expertise and perspectives.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills including ability to present, simplify complex topics for senior management
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Entrepreneurial spirit but knows how to share success with team and partners
- Experience in early stage, high growth companies is a big plus
- Experienced and comfortable with agile methodology
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, XD, Figma and Microsoft Office and/or similar tools
- Ability to lead design thinking workshops
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
Frequent keyboarding is required, using hands to finger, handle, or feel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. May spend up to 8 hours per day sitting and may have occasional movement throughout the facility. Regular use of communicating via Microsoft Teams, email, and phone. This is a hybrid work from home / in the office role.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Goosehead is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, guidelines, and regulations. Goosehead strictly prohibits and does not tolerate unlawful discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered person because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, uniformed service, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All applicants for employment and all Goosehead employees are given equal consideration based solely on job-related factors, such as qualifications, experience, performance, and availability.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise; employment in this job is an “at will” employment relationship.