Explore Our Roles
Working at Goosehead
Goosehead Insurance is one of the largest and fastest growing, publicly traded personal lines insurance agency in the US. We provide a best-in-class way for clients to shop for and buy personal line insurance, knowing they have the right coverage at the best price. Goosehead was founded on the premise that the client should be at the center of our universe, and we believe that building for the best client experience imaginable will lead to sustained growth.
Our mission is to deliver an unrivaled insurance experience through the power of choice, candid advice, and passionate service. We offer access to over 140+ insurance companies, at a single destination, where consumers can come for a range of quotes and insights, rather than searching company by company, site by site. Our innovative technology and network of over 2,000 expert agents across 11 corporate sales offices and 1400+ franchise locations enables us to efficiently shop the market for consumers while providing them expert and region-specific advice, a key differentiator from other independent agencies in the market.
As a growing company, Goosehead is constantly setting new records and then breaking them, so we are counting on great leaders we hire today to continue to disrupt the industry and revel in the thrill of victory (while having a lot of fun). We are looking for entrepreneurial candidates that have high personal/professional standards and enjoy collaborating with hard-working, ambitious, honest, smart, humble teams who want to build a great company.
We are looking for an action-oriented communications specialist who has a proven track record of keeping cross-organizational teams informed and motivated while driving results. This opportunity is a very visible, high impact position that is accountable for building and maintaining strong, trusting relationships with our Agency Partners (franchise owners.) Partnering with the Agency Operations organization and reporting directly to the Chief Marketing Officer, you will be responsible for establishing and executing an internal communications strategy and plan that will keep our Agency Partners abreast of strategic initiatives, new technology, product updates and relevant announcements. You will consistently gather and respond to feedback, listen to new ideas, and act as a liaison between each Agency Partner and our leadership team. You are the eyes, the ears, and the voice for our Agency Partners responsible for keeping our organization transparent.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a strategic communications plan that effectively engages and informs Agency Partners with a consistent feedback loop.
- Plan, edit and write content across multiple mediums to include newsletters, presentations, blogs, webinars, email announcements and communications from senior leaders.
- Create a strong, trusted community across all our Agency Partners leveraging social media platforms. Influence Agency Partners to support and inspire each other.
- Build a culture of collaboration cross-functionally across internal teams and external partners to ensure consistency and alignment in messaging.
- Handle internal communication response to crisis situations which affect Agency Partners and organizational perception and reputation.
- Educate Agency Partners on available resources that may help them be successful to include marketing best practices and technology training.
- Develop and execute a measurement plan to report on the effectiveness of communication efforts.
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and best practices in communication.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or related field
- 7+ years of experience writing in a corporate environment as part of an internal communications team in a large organization.
Required Skills, Abilities, Soft Skill Factors
- Proven experience in developing and executing communication strategies for large organizations with national retail locations and/or franchise organizations.
- You are a strong writer and verbal communicator with the ability to create engaging content that aligns with our brand.
- You have a history of success managing performance based communications programs – being able to link to business results.
- You are organized and efficient at project management and executing programs through business productivity and collaboration tools.
- You are naturally savvy and proactively participate across all social media platforms
- You are an active listener and collaborative team player and can easily work with others to find a common solution.