Explore Our Roles
User Experience Designer
Working at Goosehead
Since 2003, Goosehead has been disrupting the insurance industry by providing Smarter Insurance, By Design. Our Digital Agent platform allows clients to enter as little as three data points and be provided with home, auto, flood, and life insurance quotes in under two minutes from over 150 insurance companies across all 50 states. We are quickly becoming the largest distributor of personal lines insurance in the United States.
Goosehead was founded on the premise that the client should be at the center of our universe, and we believe that building for the best client experience imaginable will lead to sustained growth. We supplement the Digital Agent platform with a network of over 2,000 agents across 12 corporate sales offices and franchise locations.
As a growing company, Goosehead is constantly setting new records and then breaking them, so we are counting on great leaders we hire today to continue to disrupt the industry and revel in the thrill of victory (while having a lot of fun). We are looking for entrepreneurial candidates that have high personal/professional standards and enjoy collaborating with hard-working, ambitious, honest, smart, humble teams who want to build a great company.
We are looking for a User Experience Designer who has a proven track record creating world class user experiences. The UX Designer will collaborate with marketing, product, and development teams on digital products/experiences for clients and agents. You will create, update, and optimize user experience designs for all online and mobile experience initiatives. The UX Designer is a strong problem solver and will play a critical role in identifying, and optimizing digital products that engage, improve, and transform the customer experience. You are adept at identifying consumer and agent challenges via data and site analysis. The successful candidate will be an effective consumer first, strategic thinker, detail-oriented, naturally curious with expertise in online and mobile consumer experiences.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop wireframes/prototypes and optimize flows for consumer and agent-centric experiences, driving engagement and lead generation
- Leverage analytics, user research and testing of websites to identify pain points, inefficiencies, traffic loss, and other enhancement opportunities to create future state
- Help prevent erosion of the UX through regular product quality reviews
- Contribute to, enhance, and maintain component libraries
- Work with UI designers to implement industry leading designs
- Collaborate and maintain effective working relationships with Marketing, Product, Operations, Sales, IT and Development teams to create, build, and optimize online and mobile consumer and agent experiences
- Keep up to date on competitor products and industry trends
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in User Experience, Experience, Digital Design, or related field
- 6+ years of relevant experience - preferably for an insurance, financial services firm, or an internet/e-commerce property (startup environments is a plus)
Required Skills, Abilities, Soft Skill Factors
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, XD, Figma and Microsoft Office and/or similar tools and other industry standard applications
- Experienced and comfortable with agile methodology
- Consumer-first and insights-driven strategic thinking
- Examples or portfolio of driving improvements and optimization of UX, across consumer experiences online & mobile platforms
- Ability to create working UI prototypes using Figma, Adobe XD, Zeplin, UXPin, or similar applications
- Expert in effective user experiences. Understands the art and science of user and consumer experience
- The ability to deeply understand business processes and offer tangible design solutions
- Passionate customer advocate
- Hands on, self-starter mindset that can do the work
- Skilled driving multiple workstreams and prioritizing efforts to achieve objectives with minimal direction.
- Very results and continuous improvement driven
- Expert communication and diplomacy skills necessary to guide, influence and convince cross-functional partners across the organization
- High integrity and honest communication
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate across the organization, serving as a resource to others, inclusive and respectful of others’ expertise and perspectives.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills including ability to present, simplify complex topics for senior management
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Entrepreneurial spirit but knows how to share success with team and partners
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
Frequent keyboarding required, using hands to finger, handle, or feel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. May spend up to 8 hours per day sitting and may have occasional movement throughout the facility. Regular use of the communicating via Microsoft Teams, email, and phone.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Goosehead is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, guidelines, and regulations. Goosehead strictly prohibits and does not tolerate unlawful discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered person because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, uniformed service, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All applicants for employment and all Goosehead employees are given equal consideration based solely on job-related factors, such as qualifications, experience, performance, and availability.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise; employment in this job is an “at will” employment relationship.