Explore Our Roles
Working at Goosehead
Goosehead Insurance is one of the largest and fastest growing, publicly traded personal lines insurance agency in the US. We provide a best-in-class way for clients to shop for and buy personal line insurance, knowing they have the right coverage at the best price. Goosehead was founded on the premise that the client should be at the center of our universe, and we believe that building for the best client experience imaginable will lead to sustained growth.
Our mission is to deliver an unrivaled insurance experience through the power of choice, candid advice, and passionate service. We offer access to over 140+ insurance companies, at a single destination, where consumers can come for a range of quotes and insights, rather than searching company by company, site by site. Our innovative technology and network of over 2,000 expert agents across 11 corporate sales offices and 1400+ franchise locations enable us to efficiently shop the market for consumers while providing them expert and region-specific advice, a key differentiator from other independent agencies in the market.
We are proud of our diverse and inclusive culture that results from the principles of meritocracy and servant leadership. All our management, internal committees, and groups value our diversity and promote inclusion and belonging across the organization.
The Accounting Manager plays an integral role in helping our accounting organization achieve its mission to deliver timely, accurate, and insightful financial information to management and investors so they can make timely, informed, and decisive decisions. The Accounting Manager leads and mentors a team of accountants, is a subject matter expert in accounting for operating and capital expenditures and ensures monthly and quarterly financial results and processes are GAAP and SOX compliant. To be successful in this role, you must be a motivated self-starter who can easily adapt in a high-growth, rapidly-changing environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead all accounting activities related to operating expenditures and capital expenditures
- Lead, motivate, and mentor a team of accountants with emphasis on providing high levels of service, accuracy, and timeliness
- Create a collaborative environment within the Accounting team by communicating and problem solving with members of the Accounting and broader Goosehead team
- Prepare and review monthly journal entries and account reconciliations
- Prepare monthly financial statement analyses and assist team in appropriately preparing and documenting their analyses
- Prepare ad hoc analyses to support management decision making, including proactively identifying and delivering key insights to financial performance
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly SEC filings, including preparation of supporting schedules, analyses, external documentations, and audit requests
- Assist in researching technical accounting issues including preparation of technical accounting memos and accounting policies
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and initiate and lead special projects designed to improve processes within the Accounting and Finance organization
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
Experience and Education
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field, Master’s degree a plus
- 5-8+ years of experience in public accounting and/or a public company; Big 4 experience a plus
Required Skills and Abilities
- SAP S/4 HANA experience preferred
- Advanced Excel experience required
- Demonstrated propensity for identifying and achieving process improvements
- Ability and drive to build strong relationships within and beyond the Executive Leadership team.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Goosehead is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, guidelines, and regulations. Goosehead strictly prohibits and does not tolerate unlawful discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered person because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, uniformed service, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All applicants for employment and all Goosehead employees are given equal consideration based solely on job-related factors, such as qualifications, experience, performance, and availability.