Goosehead Insurance is one of the largest and fastest growing, publicly traded personal lines insurance agency in the US. We provide a best-in-class way for clients to shop for and buy personal line insurance, knowing they have the right coverage at the best price. Goosehead was founded on the premise that the client should be at the center of our universe, and we believe that building for the best client experience imaginable will lead to sustained growth.
Our mission is to deliver an unrivaled insurance experience through the power of choice, candid advice, and passionate service. We offer access to over 140+ insurance companies, at a single destination, where consumers can come for a range of quotes and insights, rather than searching company by company, site by site. Our innovative technology and network of over 2,000 expert agents across 11 corporate sales offices and 1400+ franchise locations enable us to efficiently shop the market for consumers while providing them expert and region-specific advice, a key differentiator from other independent agencies in the market.
We are proud of our diverse and inclusive culture that results from the principles of meritocracy and servant leadership. All our management, internal committees, and groups value our diversity and promote inclusion and belonging across the organization.
The primary role of the Sr. Software Engineer will play an integral role in the development of our enterprise technology platform.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop, and maintain software applications using React, Node.js, and Postgres DB
- Develop high-quality, scalable, clean, and maintainable code.
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Business Analysts, Designers, and other Engineers to define project requirements, write code and ensure successful delivery.
- Debug and troubleshoot issues as they arise and provide a timely resolution.
- Contribute to the development of best practices and coding standards.
- Contribute to the architecture of our applications.
- Contribute to the design of an efficient, reliable, and effective database.
- Create technical design documentation.
- Make design/coding decisions keeping the customer experience at the forefront.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to junior team members.
- Participate in code reviews, and guidance on engineering best practices and compliance with development procedures.
- Accountable for ensuring all aspects of product development follow compliance and security best practices.
- Anticipate and communicates blockers and delays before they require escalation.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience as a Full Stack Software Engineer with React.Js and Node.Js (required)
- Experience with iPaaS, Salesforce Apex, Styled-components, heroku, heroku-connect (Preferred)
- Experience with CI/CD, Source Control such as Git.
- Experience with unit testing, release procedures, coding design, and documentation protocol as
Required Skills and Abilities
- Databases: SQL, PostgreSQL
- Solid understanding of software development principles, design patterns, and best practices.
- Solid knowledge of React and Redux principles.
- well as change management procedures.
- Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities.
- Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance.
- Must demonstrate initiative and effective independent decision-making skills.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- In-depth understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Proficiency in state management systems like: Flux, Redux.
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Goosehead is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, guidelines, and regulations. Goosehead strictly prohibits and does not tolerate unlawful discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered person because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, uniformed service, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All applicants for employment and all Goosehead employees are given equal consideration based solely on job-related factors, such as qualifications, experience, performance, and availability.